Institutes run by CES aim at developing scholastic personalities and imparting knowledge to maximize, optimize skills and competencies. As part of the inclusive set up, we ensure that the children with special needs are facilitated into the regular classroom with assistance from the School Counselor and the Special Educator.
We follow the CBSE prescribed provisions to optimize the child’s potential. For this purpose the teachers and parents are sensitized regularly. We ensure collaborative participation of all the stakeholders in a child’s life.
A child with disability is given ample opportunity for harnessing his/her hidden talents and optimizing the existing abilities.
We believe that a child with disability is not one with a lack of ability but a lack in tapping of their ability.
Some of the key areas of working are as highlighted:
- Special educators for each department take care of the academic progress.
- Frequent parent teacher meeting and counselling sessions are organized to address behavioral and adjustment concerns.
- Enabling the children to reach their optimum level of potential through individualized educational program which is subject to constant evaluation and revision.
- The School Counselor organizes regular workshops and seminars to update staff members on the latest techniques of classroom management.
- Teachers encourage peer mentors to help the student with special needs to assist them academically as well as socially.