‘The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.’
Education is not merely limited to the garnering of knowledge but reaches out to encompass values that contribute in creating citizens to become instrumental in bringing about social change. ‘The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.’ (Mahatma Gandhi). Believing firmly in ‘service before self’, the Bal Bharati fraternity has always associated itself with social cause by choice not by chance. The schools under the aegis of Child Education Society strive to provide to the learners, a holistic education, the quintessence of which is the perfect amalgamation of an intrinsic reverence for life and a passionate love for learning. The value-driven endeavors based on ethical and secular outlook, nurture empowered happy individuals who reach out with compassion, creativity and courage to pioneer innovation and impart service to humanity.
The Bal Bharati schools undertake a gamut of activities and programmes that involve all students of the school in some way or the other, be it in the form of donation or active participation in the programmes undertaken. Teachers, as guides and mentors, work hand in hand with the students to bring the projects undertaken to fruition.
- Collaboration with various NGOs such as Earth Saviours Foundation, Prayas, Missionaries of Charity and Bal Sahyog, that work with the underprivileged, the disabled and other marginalized sections of the society give the students an enriching experience wherein they develop values such as empathy, humanity and commitment.
- In a society with disintegrating family bonds, the senior citizens are often lost sight of. The schools spearhead visits to old-age homes during which students do their bit in adding colour to the lives of the residents through cultural programmes, games and celebrations of festivals.
- Believing that education is the basic right of all citizens, the students are enrolled in the ‘Each One Teach One’ project to make at least one adult literate.
- Woolen collection drives during the winter season, an initiative started under the aegis of Godrej foundation has parents and students joining hands to collect and distribute blankets to the homeless. This initiative not only promotes the spirit of giving in students but also motivates them to spread warmth and love during winter amongst the needy.
- As a part of its commitment to social responsibility, the Interact Club, gives away used furniture, books and stationery to the learners of schools for the underprivileged.
- Organization of Blood Donation Camps brings about the mutual cooperation of enthusiastic parents and staff to contribute generously to this noble cause.
- Awareness is the key to the elimination of any evil. Students actively participate in rallies, competitions and other events to create awareness about Polio, cracker free Diwali and other issues.
- At the time of disasters, the entire school fraternity works as one to garner money and the items needed by the affected people.
- In order to ensure that the funds are available for all these initiatives, many fund raising programmes are organized from time to time.